Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Building a Positive Learning Environment
Ideas for Improvement
Discovery Rewards Program
Peer Response Guidelines
Speeches - Make a Better One!
Writing Tips & Support
The Eye on the Prize
The Invention Game
Science Fact or Fiction?
Create Your Own Tasks
Not Necessarily School Stuff
Student book recommendations
What Do I Do When I'm Finished
Discovery Rewards Program
The Discovery Rewards Program is a motivational plan to recognize students when they go above and beyond class expectations. Students can earn stickers and then "cash" those stickers in for "prizes". If you have a suggestion that adds to development of your leadership, pride, or excellence, let me know!
Click here to review the current rewards available
Sticker Earnings Request Form
Discovery Reward Tracking Sheet
IDEAS FOR STICKERS!!!!
Geography stumpers (A quiz is posted in edmodo each week)
Join and link Ms. Given (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your account.
Write a review of a book (more than just choosing stars - write something)
Recommending a book to Ms. Given
Gaining friends and followers
Reading a non-school required book
Trivia and brain teaser opportunities
Question of the Day
Random acts of greatness
Wear Red and White on Fridays
Sticker Daily Double - on 2-3 days of the semester, the BRAVES wear will be worth 2 stickers instead one one.
Stock Market Game - If your portfolio is up on the chosen day, you earn a sticker.
Sticker Lottery- At the end of the week Ms. Given could put each of our names in a hat once, and then if you want another entry there is a certain price, or you could earn another spot by doing something awesome and then if she draws your name, you win the sticker lottery!
Join and link Ms. Given to your account - 1 sticker
Post and get approval for completing an activity - 1 sticker
Earn a badge - 2 stickers
Getting Featured - 3 stickers
1 sticker for first 10 (through 50)
1 sticker for each 25 (50 - 200)
1 sticker for each 50 (200 - 500)
1 sticker for each 100 (500 and up)
EARN EDMODO BADGES!!!
Make a speech to tell Ms. Given and the class why you deserve the badge you are 'applying' for. In your speech,
nclude the name of the badge,
2. The reason why you deserve to be awarded this badge,
3. An example supporting your reason and
4. A sentence stating why your example supports you being awarded this badge.
Be sure to be concise, use clear and descriptive language and to speak in complete sentences.
- For earning the most stickers in any one week
- for earning 5 or more badges
- Choosing an avatar that is especially appropriate for student's personality.
- for generally goofy behavior
- For demonstrating mastery of speech delivery (vocal delivery, body language, confidence, and content)
- For engaging in and raising the level of class discussion.
- Regular engagement in developing and improving in creative writing
- The exhibition of exceptional creativity in any area.
- Regular participation in Mad Science, asking great science-based questions and making good scientific connections
- For regularly answering the daily Geography Stumper correctly!
- Awarded for regular participation in SAT Word or Question of the Day
Trogdorian Task Commitment
- For burninating through your work...
Problem Solving Panda
Awarded for extraordinary resourcefulness and perseverance in solving a problem.
- Awarded for regularly demonstrating a positive attitude and helping peers to be more positive.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"